Wednesday 1 May 2013

First Baby Vacation

With November fast approaching - I return to work in mid-November - I've been thinking about a vacation. Yes, we've already taken short car trips and will do so in the upcoming months but I was thinking a vacation involving a flight.

The two options are basically Hawaii and Disneyland. I took my son to Disneyland twice in 2012 and we've been to Hawaii (Mau'i specifically) in 2010 and 2011 if memory serves me right. This time, it would be Kaua'i because the rest of the family will be there as well for a wedding. However, the idea of a 10-month old on a 6+ hour flight is not appealing. Of course, I took my son to Oz when he was just 3-months old but he slept most of the time in the airplane's bassinet. He was an exceptional baby.

I am leaning towards Disneyland given the short 3-hour flight plus my parents haven't been back for 30 years. Of course, it would be nice to spend time with my brother and sister-in-law as well as my sister and her family but I don't think that's a strong enough pull for me. Mind you, we all live in the same city and see each other all the time - it would be different if they lived in a different city or we didn't see each other as often as we do. Of course, I might change my mind but there are some great deals on for Disneyland right now for the month I'm planning on going. I always stay onsite and the deals are very tempting but I need to book soon if that is the choice destination.


Otherwise, not much to report. Life is good. Both my son and daughter are well. My little one continues to sleep and eat well. She occasionally sleeps through the night with at most one mid-night feeding. Being on parental leave also is a lot of fun, taking my son to preschool, art class, gym, parks, etc. I don't miss work at all - LOL! I hope everyone in SCI Land is doing well! I am keeping up with the blogs. I still want baby #3 so hopefully it will be in India!

Thank you for letting me share this part of my world with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment