Saturday 8 December 2012

Waiting Before Deciding

Wow, it's been a full week since I last blogged. Just crazy busy, preparing to go on my year-long parental leave starting next month including recruiting for my temporary replacement. Not much going on in terms of SCI surrogacy. I have a few account-related questions so been waiting patiently for a response before making a decision on next steps. Apparently, the account manager is away this month so it's been difficult getting a response from them. Given the delay in getting my answers, I will most likely wait a bit before trying again - I have 9 embryos remaining. I was hoping to have a third child soon after my second but waiting is fine too. I look forward to building a strong bond with my daughter, and watching her bond with her big brother.

All is well with my baby via surrogacy here in Canada. We are heading into the 33rd week. Given her advanced progress, we suspect we can have my surrogate induced mid to late January! Baby will most likely be above 9 pounds. Also, my son is turning 5 next week. For his pirate-themed birthday party, I rented out an indoor space (which can hold over 200 people) so the 14 kids and 30 or so adults have a lot of room to move around. There will be gym equipment, kid vehicles, balloon artist, airbrush tattoo artist, etc. Cake, cupcakes, and helium balloons ordered. I go big with his birthday parties but it only happens once a year. His birthday is also close to Christmas so to teach him charity, when new toys come into the house, "old" ones are donated to charity. This also keeps the toy inventory in check and my household looking like it belongs in a magazine :)

I'm still following the blogs and happy to read things are going well or progressing. Best wishes to all especially my Aussie crew that I met in India. I'm bummed that I cannot join them in India but I will surely make a visit to Oz in a couple of years or so. I also wanted to thank  everyone for their support and well wishes when I found out that I lost my baby with my Indian surrogate.

Thank you for letting me share this part of my world with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment