Tuesday 6 November 2012

2nd Beta Test

On Halloween, I received an email from SCI advising me that my FET resulted in a "weak positive" - specifically the beta value was 41. I was hoping for a higher number but knew that this number didn't mean much - the critical value would be the second beta result.

On November 2, I received another email from SCI. I took a deep breath before opening up the email. My heart sank a little when I didn't see the colourful email that SCI is now known for when advising clients of a positive pregnancy. However, as I read on, I was happy to read that the beta value had increased to 112.4.

Although that is promising, I remain cautiously optimistic mainly because - and yes this will sound illogical - of the lack of colour in their email. I wonder, do they send those colourful emails only for first beta tests? Does the clinic feel 112.4 is still low or hasn't increased enough? Even with my past experience with beta testing and numbers, these questions still pop into my mind. But I appreciate that when you especially want something so badly, it's normal to have these concerns and question things. Don't get me wrong - I'm thankful for the increasing beta value. But I look forward to the scan (which should be some time this week) to determine the number of pregnancy sacs. Hoping for the best!

Thank you for letting me share this part of my world with you!

4 comments:

  1. It almost tripled in 2 days--that's great! I have a good feeling that you will get your colorful email. Sending you positive vibes for your upcoming scan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the fact that it has tripled in only 2-3 days is a great sign! I don't think you have anything to worry about and definitely wouldn't read into the font color ;)

    I suppose it won't be much longer until they do the first ultrasound to check for a pregnancy sac. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone - I anxiously await the next update.

    ReplyDelete