Thursday 29 November 2012

Irish Twins

I should receive my next scan update from SCI sometime today, Delhi time. In the meantime, I'm working on a presentation for tomorrow and hoping I will get some sleep before heading to the airport around 5:30am or so. At least, I will have a relaxing weekend, doing more organizing in preparing for the arrival of my baby girl in a couple of months. Sometimes I think I am still dreaming especially since I am also blessed with another baby from India.

It also has hit me recently that if all goes according to plan, I will be having "Irish twins". If each baby reaches full term, they will be born just over 5 months apart. I don't use the term "Irish twins" in disrespect but use it to refer to siblings born within twelve months of each other. As I repeat it again in my mind, I feel very blessed but also am very aware of how busy I will be as a single parent of three. Yet, I find this all quite exciting - ask me later in the year :) I will have to use my extraordinary organizational and planning skills!

Although 5 months is not a long time, I am happy that I will have that time in between baby #2 and baby #3. Yes, there are advantages of having twins born at or around the same time but I am happy that my son and I will get 5 months of bonding time with just baby #2. That's also enough time to get into a routine with baby #2 and just get back into the infant care swing of things. I appreciate baby #3 might throw that routine out the door but we'll cross that bridge if and when we get to it :)

Like most twins (Irish, identical, or fraternal), I assume these two will be close growing up. Not that there's anything wrong with it but I don't plan on dressing them alike. There's also less temptation to dress them alike because they may not look much alike given that they come from two different egg donors of different ethnicity.

Thank you for letting me share this part of my world with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment