Thursday 15 November 2012

Britax Chaperone & B-Ready

I should receive some news soon regarding my surrogate's heartbeat scan. Until then, it's time to start thinking about getting an infant car seat and stroller for baby #2 on home soil. I still have my son's awesome Britax Marathon car seat (he is now in a Britax Parkway) but you can't carry the Marathon around like an infant car seat. I sold his old infant car seat some time ago - many car and booster seats have a useful life up to 6 years with some as high as 9 years. I also sold his stroller pretty early on, as he outgrew that pretty quickly. My son is currently around 46" tall and just shy of  his 5th birthday (at the time of this post). This time around, I have to think a bit more strategically, meaning that I might have two little ones 5 plus months apart... and I may not. I could borrow an infant car seat and stroller until I know for sure I will be having two (i.e., after the birth of baby #3 in India) but I need a new set anyway.

There are many awesome brands out there such as Graco, Chicco, and UPPAbaby to just name a few but as you can probably guess, I am a fan of Britax. Putting that aside, I reviewed double strollers and single strollers that can convert to a double, specifically looking at those that you can configure in several ways. In the end, I focused on single strollers that could convert into a double if required. This makes sense since I don't know if I will be blessed with a third child and do not want to use a double stroller with just one child in it.

Ultimately, I have decided on the Britax Chaperone and B-Ready Stroller. The Britax Chaperone has great features but the one that stands out for me is the quick-adjust harness system that allows you to adjust the height of the harness straps without having to detach the straps. It's a longer car seat so measure for fit. What is appealing about the B-Ready stroller is that it has over 14 configurations with the infant car seat and a second child seat (which you can use with an infant) sold separately. In the end, get what fits your current and/or future needs and what you find visually appealing that fits your budget - there are so many great choices out there.


PS - Britax has "free ride events" now and then, where you purchase a stroller and get a car seat for free. They also have other promotions throughout the year. But I assume other brands have similar promotions.

Thank you for letting me share this part of my world with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment