Tuesday 9 April 2013

No International Surrogate

I had a brief conversation with the clinic today and as suspected, the law does not permit me to bring over a surrogate to India for a transfer - in my case, a frozen embryo transfer. Such a request was a first for the clinic. Although this is disappointing news, it's finally nice to know that option is a closed door.

However, I still remain positive and hopeful that the law will change. So far everything points towards that based on various conversations. Sounds like in the next few months or so, we might hear some news impacting single persons. For now, as I do everyday, I focus on the positives in my life. I appreciate what I have versus dwell on what I don't have. I continue to dream and plan. I continue to follow the dreams of my fellow SCI clients - it is such an immense joy becoming a parent but it is also a great joy watching other deserving people become parents. I continue to recommend SCI to married straight couples and hope that new singles and gay couples can work with SCI down the road.

It's too early to say now (my daughter is almost 3 months) but even if things don't work out in India, I'm confident I will have a third child - as long as my aging body and mind can keep up! Seriously! LOL!

Thank you for letting me share this part of my world with you!

Monday 8 April 2013

Continue To Wait

I don't mind waiting really. I'm not in a hurry to have child #3 but for the sake of planning, it would be nice to know what my options are or will be in the future.

The clinic doesn't think there will be a problem with me bringing over a surrogate. I'm just waiting for confirmation from their lawyer. They initially asked me to provide details on my surrogate so they can have sufficient information to advise me whether I can bring her over or not. I am not sure what details they would like me to provide so I'm waiting for that list of details as well.

I also took the opportunity to directly email Dr. Radhey Sharma myself and get his perspectives on things. I just wanted to increase the amount of information I had on my situation. Nothing new - he advised me that the MHA is in the process of revising the earlier guidelines and suggested waiting a few more days or weeks.

So I continue to wait patiently. Life keeps me very busy - I wish I could be on parental leave forever. My daughter is almost three months and November seems too close for comfort! LOL!

Thank you for letting me share this part of my world with you!