Sunday 29 July 2012

On My Own

Some people are curious why I pursued parenthood on my own. I have always wanted to be a parent – in fact, I once thought six kids would be a nice number. LOL! Finding a life partner was also important to me and for the longest time, I thought I had to be in a long-term committed relationship before I could pursue parenthood. Of course, life is never that simple so as time passed, my priorities evolved and I knew without a doubt that I could easily handle being a single parent. In fact, life as a single parent is not that stressful for me at all. More about that in another post.

Although I am pursuing surrogacy on my own, I am definitely not raising my kids on my own. First of all, I am very blessed to have my family around. My parents are wonderful grandparents. My sister (who is expecting her second child, another boy) and brother-in-law are great – my nephew is a year younger than my son so the kids spend a lot of time together. My brother and sister-in-law, who got married last year, are fantastic with my son. I also have good friends who are extremely supportive. However, don't get me wrong – I am a single parent and it's just my son and I most of the time. But, it brings me immense joy to see the wonderful influences my son has in his life. I think if I did not have positive relationships with my family or any friends, life would still be an adventure but sharing our lives with loved ones, makes the adventure that much more fun and fulfilling.

Thank you for letting me share this part of my world with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment