Tuesday 4 September 2012

Haven't Met You Yet

There was a time in my life when it was just me, myself, and I. Sure I have always had great friends, very supportive family members, and a wonderful career. Something was missing and that was parenthood.

Many of us have arrived at this point because for various reasons, the journey to parenthood has not been an easy one. For me, I often wondered when would I finally get to meet my child. This finally happened in late 2007 via surrogacy. On his second birthday, I made a video with photos of my son. I also looked long and hard for an accompanying song that represented my journey to parenthood specifically the fight and hope within me that kept me going. The song I found was Michael Buble's "Haven't Met You Yet". I am not a Pollyanna by any means but I do believe in positive thinking and hope. So if you ever find yourself a bit down, perhaps give the song a listen. Specifically, the following hit the nail on the head for me:

I might have to wait
I'll never give up
I guess it's half timing
And the other half's luck
Wherever you are
Whenever it's right
You'll come out of nowhere and into my life

http://youtu.be/eliKEWbA8HQ

There can be a lot of darkness on this path to parenthood. But when the stars align, there can be a lighted path to a wonderful desitnation. I wish you all my genuine best wishes - stay strong and be patient. You just haven't met your child yet... she or he is eagerly waiting to meet you too.

PS - I am pround to say that Michael Buble is from my neighbourhood. He is an outstanding individual.

Thank you for letting me share this part of my world with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment