Monday 3 September 2012

Hello New Delhi!

Deplaning was very fast - I thought it might be slower for bigger aircrafts but this was not the case. Customs was very fast - no questions - and my luggage (one piece) came out within seconds of reaching the carousel. Even at that time of the night, close to midnight, there were many drivers with name signs. Rahul is my driver but he had one of his workers meet me at the receiving area, who then lead me to Rahul and the car.

Rahul is a very nice young ambitious man. He is very friendly and spoke very highly of Dr. S and SCI. Working with SCI clients has helped him purchase several taxis. He is also getting married next year - an arranged marriage, which is common in India. He is a very positive individual and wishes you well on your surrogacy journey. You don't pay him upfront - you pay on your last day. I assume this is the case with all the rides you hire him for during your stay. First initial observation of Delhi - they drive crazy here and there is definitely an art to honking. However, it all works out in the end like organized chaos.

Once I arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by the door staff. You enter a walk-through metal detector first - this is normal here with hotels and the malls. I quickly checked in and was taken to my room. I was shown around the suite and told about the services in the hotel as well as what was around the hotel. I did take some photos so hopefully I can put together a quick slideshow of the photos in an update. The hotel and suite are clean and modern - the only thing that would make it perfect would be a washer/dryer but it's a hotel. I eventually fell asleep.

Thank you for letting me share this part of my world with you!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your arrival! I loved Svelte, but yes, laundry is expensive. If you are staying for a while, take your clothes to Rainbow Dry Cleaners in J Block (Saket). Cheap and they do a nice job. Best wishes to you! Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation, Bernadette! Appreciate it big time!

    ReplyDelete