The top five places my friend recommends, in no particular order, are listed below. As an avid photographer, he says that the Tomb of Humayun, Red Fort, and Akshardham provide good photo opportunities.
- Tomb of Humayun - the tomb of the Mughal Emperor Humayun
- Red Fort - a 17th century fort complex constructed by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan
- Raj Ghat - a memorial to Mahatma Gandhi
- Jama Masjid - the principal mosque of Old Delhi
- Akshardham - a Hindu complex in Delhi
Although always promoted, the three sites that he suggests I pass on if I run out of time are the Lotus Temple, India Gate, and Qutub Minar. In the end, I would also be very happy hanging out at the mall next to my hotel and a nearby market. It just depends if I meet anyone there - I'm not very adventurous when I travel on my own.
Thank you for letting me share this part of my world with you!