Wednesday 1 August 2012

Pulling the Trigger

So I have submitted all the paperwork. It's becoming so real - the plan is for my egg donor to start treatment this Saturday! I just have to pull the trigger - I have to pay the first installment.

I'm not procrastinating - just waiting for the revised account balance. They accidentally sent me the partner version, which has additional costs that don't apply to singles like myself. I also wasn't sure about the sperm freezing but it's just a safety net in the event they require it in the future. This would mean that in the future, all frozen embryos did not thaw properly, implant, or result in a live birth. If that was the unlucky case, there would be no need for me to return for another sperm sample - just need to find another egg donor. By the way, they would like three sperm samples separated by 48 hours such as Monday morning, Wednesday morning, and Friday morning.

Am I ready to pull the trigger? I think so. I'm not exactly sure why I'm hesitating. It's not that I have doubts but I think most of it has to do with the fact that it's in a foreign country. It's all so unfamiliar. I know surrogacy in Canada and the US like the back of my hand. I then think about the four weeks I'll have to be there after birth. Plus I'm thinking more about the food, water, immunizations, etc. and how to prevent myself from getting sick let alone a newborn. I know many have taken this well-used path but it's just normal to have these thoughts.

Thank you for letting me share this part of my world with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment